Making a Complaint

Dr J Jeyatheswaran
Dr P Alexander
Dr V Dullo
Dr A Alexander

Practice Manager: Sharon Nunweek 



We welcome compliments, suggestions, or concerns about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice. 

We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of a NHS system for dealing with complaints. 

As a patient of the NHS, you have a right to:

  • Have your complaint dealt with efficiently
  • Have your complaint properly investigated
  • Be informed of the outcome of your complaint
  • Take your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman if you are not satisfied with the outcome 


How to complain (Local Resolution)

You can submit your complaint to the practice by filling in this form or by emailing the Practice Manager directly at

We hope that most problems can be resolved easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.

If your problem cannot be resolved in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible in writing.

We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days. We will also give you an idea of how long our investigation may take.

We will then investigate your complaint within the practice and keep you informed of the progress of our investigation. We will send you a response explaining the outcome of our investigation and any actions to taken because of the complaint.

When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong;
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this;
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;
  • Identify what we can learning can be taken, and put processes in place to prevent it from happening again.



Can I get support to make a complaint?

Healthwatch West Sussex provide an Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service. This is a free advocacy service for residents of West Sussex who want practical support and assistance in making a complaint about an NHS provided service. 

The contact details for Healthwatch West Sussex are: 

Healthwatch West Sussex
PO Box 1360
West Sussex
RH10 0QS

Tel - 0300 012 0122

Website –


Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have his or her permission to do so.  A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.


What to do if you are not happy with our response

If you are not happy with our response (local resolution), you can ask the Health Service Ombudsman for an ‘independent review’.  Their details are as follows:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Tel. Complaints Helpline 0345 015 4033